When it comes to muscle build-up and weight loss gym routine for men is definitely the way to go. Yes, there are quite a number of gym machines which you can easily set-up for home use. However, many still prefer going to the gym to get hold of the guidance of a reliable trainer. Men also feel more motivated to be among their “kind” when trying to lose weight as well as to buff-up those triceps and biceps.
Working out is a boon for both men and women. Men, however, have a lot to do since the demand to sculpt those muscles is more pronounced. While women can slink in at least 3 days of gym workout, men are often on a more aggressive stance. Many actually go to a full week routine while others have to settle down for a 5-day a week by creating carefully staggered and focused workout to ensure more focus and effective results.
Intensive Cardio Workout
Like everything else, a good set of cardio exercise is essential on every workout. Cardiovascular exercises help warm-up the muscles and burn more calories in the process. Like women, you need a 30-minute cardio routine for a full 5 days to complete the stipulated cycle of 150 minutes. What makes the gym an excellent place to do cardio is the number of machines that can be used to your heart’s content. There are treadmills, trainers, rowers, stairmasters, elliptical, and other new equipment to help achieve your goals in the most efficient way possible.
Today, HIIT or high intensity interval training is a cardio training intended to burn stubborn fat. Its secret lies in the calorie-burning perspective during and after the training. Completing 5 to 8 minutes of working those HIIT cardio sets and lose more calories and fat in the process.
Full Body Workout
A full body workout with weight loss and muscle-sculpting in mind induces tough strength trainings. This does not only boost metabolism, it also ensures full recovery for muscle toning while preventing burnout. Instead of the usual interval trainings, going full throttle allows you to save time while burning more calories and fats. The key is to lift heavy, perform exercise per muscle group, and keep workout to an hour or less.
Upper Body Exercise. There are many ways to of toning your arms, shoulders, chest and back. Here are great workout options for you to choose from.
- Exercises which can deliver the best results for your upper body are the following: bench press, incline dumbbell press, wide-grip pull-up, underhand grip barbell bent row, seated barbell military press, shoulder-width grip barbell upright row, triceps dip, partial rack deadlift, one-arm dumbbell row, incline barbell press, chest dip, seated dumbbell press, close-grip barbell upright row, and close-grip pull-up.
- For optimal results and to prevent boredom, you can pick out 5 of these exercises to alternately do within the week for 5 straight days.
- Pick out another set of upper body exercises for the next week and so on.
Lower Body Exercise. Lower body workout is essential to complete weight loss gym routine for men. Aside from losing unwanted cellulites, working out those quads, glutes and hams allow building muscle strength while enhancing bone density to achieve a more toned and buffed up appearance. Of course, these workouts also helps to reduce the risks to injuries and promote stronger lower muscles while stimulating faster metabolism.
Here are top lower body exercise combos to choose from on a daily basis:
- Combo 1: 4 sets 8-10 reps of barbell squat, 4 sets 10-12reps leg press, 3 sets 12-14 steps each leg dumbbell walking lunge, 3 sets 10 reps leg extension, 3 sets 10 reps Romanian deadlift, 3 sets 8-10reps lying leg curl, and 4 sets 20 reps standing calf raises.
- Combo 2: 4 sets 8-10reps smith machine squat, no-rest 3sets 10-12rep leg press, 3 sets 10-12reps goblet squat, 3 sets 10-12reps barbell reverse lunge (no rest), 3 sets 12-15 reps leg extension, 4sets 12reps lying leg curls (no rest), and 4 sets 12-15reps donkey calf raises.
- Combo 3: 4 sets 12reps Romanian deadlift, 3sets 12reps standing leg curl, 3 sets 10 reps hack squat, 3 sets 12reps on each leg dumbbell lunges, and 3 sets floor-glute ham raise.
In all these full body strength exercise, it is important to keep these in mind—lift heavy and focus one exercise per muscle group by doing at least 3 sets at least 8 repetitions each. Keeping your workout to an intense 1 hour or less will keep your guns rolling.
Torch and Sculpt Workout Plan
To fully support weight loss gym routine for men must done with adequate care to prevent injury risks. Recovery is essential when it comes to an intense workout. To prevent gorging unnecessary calories, a post-workout shake consumed immediately after training will help replenish the essential glycogen level lost. Keep meals all throughout the day balanced to compliment your workout routine.