Does a friend suddenly plan to tie the knot leaving you with a mere 1 month to prepare a perfectly buffed bod for that revealing bridesmaid dress? Or does your current body scream bloody murder with the amount of junk you have been feeding it? When thinking of losing the extra pounds on a long-term basis, consistency and regularity should be the main agenda. One does not just lose weight on 30 days fitness challenge ideas but also create a regimen which he or she can keep all throughout.
The idea of a 30-day fitness regimen is built upon the ability of the body and mind to follow a regular path and convert it into a daily habit. To give you a headstart, here are 10 easy-to-do tried-and-tested ideas:
1. Water is life and drinking water at least 8 heaping glasses surely help carve out the unnecessary flabs in your body. Drinking 2 glasses upon waking up helps to rev up your internal organs by giving it energy like fuel to engines. Drink 1 to 2 glasses, too, before gorging a meal helps curve your appetite. Do it everyday to flush out toxins and promote weight loss. A lemon water detox on a weekly basis will also do you good.
2. It is all about the planning. Every Sunday, set aside at least 20 minutes of your time to plan means for the week and another hour or two to complete your grocery list. Make good use of online apps that help meal planning, cooking, and monitoring easier. CookSmarts, for instance, is a good option.
3. Never skip breakfast. Make sure to consume a complete breakfast. If your busy schedule prevents you from doing so, make good use of green juice or smoothie. Take note that eating 7 to 9 cups of fruits and vegetables a day will help curve your appetite as it feels much fuller. They also contain more nutrients, vitamins and minerals.
4. Bring your own lunch when working. Eating homemade food made from ingredients you have full control of makes the whole ordeal easier to monitor. It also ensures that you are eating well within stipulated dietary measures imposed to your own body. Besides, this will also save you money. So, aside from having a happier sexier body, you might also be cutting back on unnecessary expenses.
5. Rest is an important aspect whether you are into these 30 days fitness challenge ideas or not. Be reminded that sleeping for 8 to 9 hours every night on a regular basis will allow your body to cells to heal and the mind to rest. Keeping a regular bedtime routine also allows you to wake up early giving the jolt needed to keep up with the rigors of the whole day.
6. Get into a 5-minute stretching exercise before bedtime and upon waking up. Simply extend those limbs and reach as far as you could. Yoga, for instance, is one excellent stretching exercise which can easily turn your day into something productive. This allows the body to improve its general flexibility and allow much-needed energy to be pumped up to your musculature.
7. Move! Some people prefer enrolling in a gym where a trainer and dietitian can keep track of their progress. Self-professed fitness gurus however, recommend that you choose what matters the most to you. It could be a 30-minute walk instead of commuting. Walking 10,000 steps per day around the block or a park early in the morning or before bedtime (preferably with the dog) is also highly recommended. Taking the stairs instead of the elevator also makes an excellent alternative. Feel free to bike, swim, run, or do whatever floats your boat. The more you enjoy such activities, the easier it is to integrate it to your daily grind.
8. Write a journal and indicate fitness selfies if you can. Try to keep a 500-word write-up on everything that happened to you within the day. Vent or keep it positive, criticize or simply take note of subtle changes. The more you are aware of your body, putting it into writing doubles the results.
9. Do mindfulness exercises. Some successful people who had gone into the route of these so-called 30 days fitness challenge ideas stand by the benefit of meditation. A twenty-minute meditation allows you to be more circumspect in your actions allowing more attention to your body and mind. Others also combine this with Pilates to double the results.
10. Brush and floss your teeth at least twice a day. An often taken for granted good grooming exercise, maintaining an ideal dental hygiene prevent harmful disease-causing bacteria from invading your system.
In a Nutshell
These 30 days fitness challenge ideas, indeed, can be easily integrated into your daily habits. It is important however to be consistent with it comes to developing a healthy body and a sound mind. In all things else, always visualize what you want to achieve. Paint it inside your head and work to its realization.